Starting from a proposition to organize a press trip for Prestige Tours in 2016, we’ve provided a concept and project management which transformed it into a genuine media event, which was repeated in 2017. A typical PR budget provided earned media of more than 60,000 euros in 2017.
CLIENT: Prestige Tours.
DATE: May 2016, May 2017.
OBJECTIVE: raising awareness for tourism in Turkey. Promoting Prestige Tours offers and the Prestige brand.
Description: how #presstige became a media event
When we were contacted by Prestige Tours in order to organize a press trip, we suggested anything but the typical infotrip, a format aimed at travel agents, consisting of numeorus visits to various hotels. Prestige immediately agreed on a custom-made schedule for journalists, which have different interests: more time to research on various topics and freedom to choose their coverage according to their media brand’s necessities.
In order to transform a regular trip into a genuinely successful media event, we’ve started by putting in practice our branded content abilities. The itinerary was thoroughly researched. A list of subjects of high potential interest was made, to be pitched to journalists. Secondly, we’ve made a list of influential journalists, with top management positions. We’ve carefully chose the media brands, such as Marie Claire, National Geographic, Adevărul, Evenimentul zilei, Reader’s Digest, Anamorodan.com, TVR etc. In the next stage, we were glad to confirm their participation in a group of 30 persons. In addition to the research made for the media, we’ve also offered the opportunity to break apart from the group for the members with specific interests.
Moreover, we’ve included in the team a well-known DoP, which provided on-demand photo and video material for the media.
In order to promote the Prestige name we’ve also invented a sexy hashtag, #presstige (press + Prestige), which propagated very well on social networks.
Due to the success of the first edition, Prestige Tours requested the organization of a second edition the next year, #presstige2017, which proved to be even more successful, including journalists from Elle, Kanal D, Click! in addition to the participants in the 2016 edition.
But this is not all: we’ve seasoned our very good media group with celebrities and famous web influencers, authoritative in terms of tourism, including: Cosmin Tudoran, Ana Morodan, Ovidiu Mureșanu, Ana-Maria Caia, Roxana Voloșeniuc, Bianca Drăgușanu, Victor Slav.
Among the metrics achieved there are:
- Over 100% media coverage. Some participants covered the trip in more than one media brand or also on their personal blogs, both at #presstige (2016) and #presstige2017. The 2017 edition included 33 stories published in print media, online or broadcast on high audience televisions such as Kanal D and TVR, for a total of 16 authors.
- Uniformly positive coverage. There were only several critical accents in only two of the stories, which were mostly positive
- Huge Facebook & Instagram propagation. The #presstige tag achieved over 2,000,000 impressions at #presstige 2016. Engagement for Facebook posts went up to 8,000 reactions at #presstige2017. The most successful online video had 8,500 views. In 2017, Instagram coverage included a total of 122 posts, with a total of over 178,000 likes, 425 comments, almost 8,000,000 impressions and a reach of over 600,000 users
- Coverage in media not included in the group, which took over info, images and video from the celebrities’ social networks pages, in high audience brands such as Cancan.ro, Spynews.ro, Unica or Ele.ro for the 2017 edition
- Mentions of both hotels and Prestige brands in various media
- Actual Prestige offers published by strong titles such as Click!, the highest circulation daily newspaper in Romania
- Over 60,000 euros earned media equivalent only for the coverage provided by Kanal D, Click!, Elle, Anamorodan.com and Cosmintudoran.ro in 2017.
Images from the trip
Sample stories published in print
TEAM: Iulian Comanescu (project manager), Matei L. Buță (DoP 2016), Alexandru Grigore (DoP 2017).